Fast & Efficient Evaporative Cooling
Honeywell Evaporative Air Coolers or Swamp Coolers are a cost-friendly cooling option for your home. Much like a breeze flowing across a lake or the refreshing cool air you feel near a waterfall, air coolers produce a comfortable, cool breeze with the natural process of water evaporation. When warm air is drawn into the Honeywell Evaporative Cooler, it is filtered through a wet honeycomb cooling medium, which absorbs heat and naturally cools and humidifies the air. A powerful fan pushes the cool air out of the front of the unit into the surrounding area. This no-compressor system cools naturally, efficiently and inexpensively.
Works Better In Low Humidity
Evaporative Air Coolers are more effective in areas with maximum relative humidity of 60% or less. Warm, dry air is important for more effective evaporative cooling and the temperature decrease will be greater in drier environments because higher evaporation occurs when the humidity is low. Evaporative Air Coolers produce moisture and can be used to increase humidification in a room. They are ideal for maintaining a cool breeze and increase comfort in homes located in drier regions.
An Air Cooler Is “Not Just a Fan”
Air coolers use the natural process of water evaporation to cool incoming hot air and use a powerful fan to expel the newly, cooled air. The temperature of dry air can drop significantly when liquid water transforms to water vapor (through evaporation).
An Air Cooler Is Not An Air Conditioner
Air conditioners require a chemical cooling refrigerant and an energy-consuming compressor to transform hot air into cool air. The hot air must be released outside the room. The more complex composition of Air Conditioners also make them more expensive to purchase and they consume significantly higher electricity during use.
Natural Cooling & Humidification
- 3-in-1 Functions: Evaporative Cooler with Fan & Humidifier
- Ideal for living rooms, common areas, garage or semi-outdoor areas such as patios or open-sided tents (covered by a roof or canopy)
- Thick Honeycomb cooling media for optimum cooling
- Powerful 588 CFM air flow
- Washable, Detachable Dust Filter. No replacement filters required
- Durable wheels for easy mobility
- Oscillating louvers for fast air circulation
- 12.5 Gallon Water Tank
Low Power Consumption & Energy Efficient
- Super Low power consumption of 145 watts*
- Easy-to-use, touch control panel.
- 3 speeds
- Full-function remote control
- 1 Year Warranty
What’s in the Box?
- 1 TC50PEU Honeywell Evaporative Tower Cooler with Fan & Humidifier (White)
- 1 Remote Control
- 1 Owner’s Manual, Safety & Maintenance Guide & Warranty
- Low Power Consumption 145 Watts*
- Water Capacity 12.5 G (47.5 L)**
- Cools Up To 32 m2 (342 ft2)*
- Powerful Air Flow 1000 m3/hr (588 CFM)*
- 3 Speeds: High / Medium / Low
- Low Water Alarm
- Adjustable Humidification Level
- Honeycomb Cooling Media and Washable Dust Filter
- Oscillating Louvers
- Product Dimensions: 15.9 (W) 15.9 (D) 53.6 (H) in.
- Product Weight: 27.5 lbs.
- Product Model Number: TC50PEU
*All specifications mentioned are under test conditions, actual performance depends on ambient conditions. Specifications may vary in different countries and subject to change without prior notice.
**Water Capacity is the total volume of water that can be contained within the air cooler water tank and water distribution system.
Q: How can I improve the performance of my Air Cooler?
- Ensure adequate cross ventilation
- Evaporative Air Coolers should not be used in enclosed spaces. Doors and windows should be opened to allow free air flow. An Air Cooler works best when placed near an open window, drawing outside air and circulating it in the room before exiting via a window or door. The maximum cooling effect is felt when a person is near the flow of air coming out of the Air Cooler.
- Check the humidity of your room
- Evaporative Air Coolers are more effective in environments with maximum relative humidity of 60% or less. If you live in a humid location, air coolers can still be a welcomed, energy saving cooling mechanism for your home by scheduling the air cooler to switch on at specific, drier times during the day. For example, during the hottest hours of the afternoon. Honeywell Air Coolers can also be paired with your air conditioner to extend air conditioner cooling so you can save energy by switching off the air conditioner and extending the cooling effect by switching on a Honeywell Air Cooler
Q: What is an evaporative air cooler?
A: Honeywell Evaporative Air Coolers are an environmentally-friendly and cost-friendly cooling option for your home or office. Much like a breeze flowing across a lake or the refreshing cool air you feel near a waterfall, air coolers produce a comfortable, cool breeze with the natural process of water evaporation.
Q: How is an air cooler different from a standard fan?
A: Normal fans use fan blades to circulate air around the room without offering any cooling. Air coolers use the natural process of water evaporation to cool incoming hot air and use a powerful fan to evenly distribute newly cooled air. The temperature of dry air can drop significantly when liquid water transforms to water vapor (through evaporation).
Q: What is Honeycomb cooling media and how does it help in cooling the air?
A: Honeywell air coolers use a proprietary Honeycomb Cooling Media. This matrixed irrigation pad is the powerhouse behind the evaporative cooler. Its extensive surface area allows for ample water saturation, which in turn offers plenty of evaporation and evaporative cooling.
Q: How do evaporative air coolers work?
A: Evaporative air coolers include two motorized components: a pump and a fan. The pump circulates water around the unit and saturates a honeycomb-shaped irrigation pad. The fan blows air through the wet irrigation pad, causing the moisture to evaporate into vapor. The conversion of heat energy into evaporative energy results in a coolness in the outgoing air. An example of this is felt in a lakeside breeze: the air along a lake or waterfall feels cooler than the air inland. This is because heat has been converted into water vapor.
Q: How large of an area will it cool?
A: The cooler's CFM is the key indicator of its cooling capacity. A cooler with a CFM of 200 for example, is a spot cooler, and can affect a radius of about 50 sq. ft. A cooler with a CFM of 2000 can cool a space that is about 500 sq. ft. Bear in mind, though, that evaporative air cooling is also highly dependent on the heat and humidity of its environment for appreciable cooling.
Q: Can I use an air cooler in my garage?
A: A garage is very suitable for evaporative cooling. Its open ventilation can assist with the airflow the air cooler needs. Additionally, if your floor plan allows for it, you could roll in a large capacity Honeywell outdoor air cooler model, equipped with hose connection, for continuous, hassle-free cooling.
Q: Can I use an air cooler while running central air or central heat?
A: An evaporative air cooler can reduce the need to solely rely on costly central air to cool down your home. The air cooler can assist in circulating central air throughout the room, as well as boosting the air conditioner's cooling action. Less air conditioning translates into more cost-savings. The air cooler will also help by adding moisture to air that is over-dried by air conditioning. During the winter, air coolers can also be set to a low fan speed to act as a humidifier, alleviating the drying effects of central heat by adding humidity to the air.
Q: How do I prevent mildew and bacteria?
A: To avoid mildew or bacteria, you can add a small amount of vinegar to the water tank. Alternatively, you can purchase a specialized bacteriostatic water treatment - easily available online. Also, be sure to follow best maintenance practices, by letting the cooler run on fan-only mode for 15 minutes after using evaporative cooling, to dry out the honeycomb pad and prevent mildew.
- Reviewed: 08/10/2021 by Mr. Perry O J
Further Monitoring needed.
very cold ice water in the tank is essential to the optimum outup of cold air. After two weeks of use, continued trial use is being consciously followed. The Honeywell is supposedly the leading name with the manufacture of Evaporative Air Coolers. Here in Palm Desert, CA, with temps frequently above 110 degrees, the unit is doing well in my Day-time sitting room.