Honeywell Portable Air Conditioner -Stay cool. Stay dry.
The MN12CESWW 12,000 BTU Honeywell Portable Air Conditioner combines 3-in-1 technology into one compact body, cooling and dehumidifying areas up to 450 sq. ft. It features an environmentally friendly refrigerant, auto evaporation system, a reliable dehumidifying function as well as a traditional three-speed, fan-only function. The MN12CESWW is a convenient portable air conditioner that delivers optimum cooling, dehumidification and fresh ventilation.
The full-function remote control allows you to operate each feature from across the room. Unlike a fixed air conditioner unit, the Honeywell Portable Air Conditioner requires no permanent installation and the smooth-gliding caster wheels provide easy mobility from room to room. What's more, the auto-evaporation system allows for hours of continuous operation with no water to drain or no bucket to empty. This portable air conditioner comes with everything needed including a flexible exhaust hose and an easy-to-install window venting kit. The window vent can be removed when the unit is not in use.
Air Conditioner Mode
- Portable air conditioner cools areas up to 450 sq. ft.
- Quiet operation (53dbA)
- R410A environmentally-friendly refrigerant
- Auto-Evaporation System: Collected water from cooling is removed automatically. No bucket, no-drip design (this operation depends on the humidity level at your location)
Fan Only Mode
- Gently circulates air even when air conditioner cooling is not needed
- Removes excess moisture from air (Ideal for areas with high humidity like basements)
- Dehumidification capacity up to 75 pints per 24 hours
- Continuous Drain System: Connect a standard garden hose tube to continuously drain water collected when using in Dehumidifying Mode (drain hose not included)
- Easy-to-install window venting kit included with adjustable window bracket (from 19.9 in. to 47.25 in.)
- Smooth gliding castor wheels easily roll unit from room to room
- Quick & Easy Installation-all installation parts included
- Multiple Fan Speeds: High, Medium, Low
- 163 CFM powerful air flow
- Washable filter-helps catch unwanted dust particles in the air
- Digital LED display with feather touch controls
- Programmable Timer (Set to turn ON/OFF in advance from 1 to 24 hours)
- Full function remote control
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
What's in the Box
- 1 MN12CESWW Honeywell Portable Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier & Fan (Black/Silver)
- 1 Remote Control (batteries included)
- 1 Owner's Manual & Warranty
- 1 Full Set Easy Window Installation Kit
- Model Number: MN12CESWW
- Product Dimensions:18.1 x 15.2 x 29.3 in.
- Shipping Weight: 74.5 lbs.
Q: What about ventilation?
A: Portable ACs use either a single hose or dual hose design. In cooling mode, single hose PACs remove hot air from the room, and then expel the hot air out the one hose. In cooling mode, dual hose PACs bring in air from outside through one hose, and expels warm air outside through the second hose. In both cases cold air in cooling mode flows through the unit's vents into the room.
Q: Are there certain types of windows that are not suitable for PACs?
A: Casement windows are quite unique in design and functionality so PACs do not have window kits that can completely cover the gap for these types of specialty windows.
Q: Can I leave the window screen in during installation?
A: The screen may not interfere with installation, but for better releasing of hot air out the window, it is better to remove the screen.
Q: How do I know how many BTUs are required to cool my space?
A BTU (British Thermal Unit) is a standard unit of energy that measures the amount of heat per hour an air conditioner removes from a room. The larger the room, the higher the BTU requirement. Below, are some general guidelines. However other factors – such as the number of open doorways, a south-facing window with continuous sunlight, or a room with high occupancy – can require a unit with a higher BTU rating than the average guidelines.
Room Size in sq. ft. BTU
- 350 8,000
- 450 10,000
- 550 12,000
- 700 14,000
- 1,000 18,000
Q: What do I need to know about PAC energy consumption?
A: AC units demand a lot of energy, so should not be paired on the same electrical outlet with other similar high-consumption devices. Always plug the unit into an available electrical outlet. Never use an extension cord to power your portable air conditioner.
Q: What added benefits does my portable air conditioner offer?
A: Portable Air Conditioners are easy-to-use handy devices that can be moved around from one place to the other with ease. A portable air conditioner will naturally reduce humidity indoors, which is perfect for hot, humid summer weather. An additional fan mode can help circulate air throughout the room even when you have turned off air conditioning cooling.
Q: Do portable air conditioners consume a lot of energy?
A: Air conditioners, including portable air conditioners, are complex machines and heavy power users. However, energy savings can lie in your usage of the technology. Choosing to cool down a single room with a portable air conditioner rather than switching on whole-house central air could result in significant cost savings.
Q: Are PACs only beneficial during the summer season?
A: Depending on the model, portable air conditioners can also convert into dehumidifiers, extracting humidity without the cooling feature. This can be useful in the colder, wetter seasons if your space is prone to mold or mildew. Some Honeywell models are also equipped with a heating element, transforming the unit into a secondary heating source for winter.
Q: Should I remove the insect screen after installing the window kit?
A: The air flow will work better without the obstruction of the insect screen. We suggest removing the screen.
Q: How can I improve the performance of my portable air conditioner?
A: Several factors can affect the performance of your portable air conditioner. Foremost is whether your unit's BTU is suitable for your space. An inadequate BTU will not result in cooling. Other factors can affect performance, too: rooms with large open doorways or within open-plan spaces; rooms with poor insulation or high ceilings; south-facing rooms with copious direct sunlight. If any of these are the case, see if you can tighten up the insulation and overall boundaries, and add light-colored window coverings. Another factor is room occupancy. Crowded rooms will be hotter and require a more powerful unit to cool down.
Q: My portable air conditioner is not cooling down my space. Why?
Run through this troubleshooting checklist:
- Check your unit's BTU with your square footage and ceiling height.
- Determine if your room has many openings – doorways or windows.
- Determine if your walls and flooring are poorly insulated.
- Does your room receive a lot of strong, direct sunlight?
- Is your room often crowded?