Honeywell Contempo Portable Air Conditioner - Quiet, Efficient Cooling
Stay cool and dry with the Honeywell HJ5CESWK0 Contempo Portable Air Conditioner. This 4-in-1 unit helps you cover all the bases with AC cooling & heating, a multi-speed fan, and a dehumidifier for indoor spaces up to 775 square feet. Designed for portability, Honeywell's Contempo series will save you money on energy costs by cooling only the rooms you are using instead of the whole house. This compact unit is one of the quietest air conditioners in its class and comes with smooth-gliding wheels that make sliding it from room-to-room a breeze. The portable ac unit also comes fully equipped with an adjustable window kit and dehumidifier drain tube for easy installation.
Enjoy peace of mind and a good night's sleep with a Honeywell Contempo Portable Air Conditioner. One of the quietest portable air conditioners in its class, the Contempo series creates 52-55 dbA (depending on the BTU and fan speed). That’s about the sound level of an average conversation between two people in a quiet room.
Air Conditioner Mode
- Portable air conditioner cools rooms up to 775 sq. ft.
- Quiet operation (55 dbA)
- Environmentally-friendly refrigerant
- Auto-Evaporation System: Collected water from cooling is removed automatically. No bucket, no-drip design (this operation depends on the humidity level at your location)
- Heats rooms up to 775 sq. ft.
- Removes excess moisture from air (Ideal for areas with high humidity like basements)
- Dehumidification capacity up to 100 pints per 24 hours
- Continuous Drain System: Connect a standard garden hose tube to continuously drain water collected when using in Dehumidifying Mode
- Easy-to-install window venting kit included with adjustable window bracket (from 19.7 in. to 38.2 in.)
- Exhaust Hose Length: 10.23 in. to 47 in.
- Smooth gliding caster wheels easily roll unit from room to room
- Multiple Fan Speeds: High, Medium, Low
- 290 CFM powerful air flow
- Dual washable filters - helps catch unwanted dust particles in the air
- Digital LED display with feather touch controls
- Full function remote control with LCD display
- Programmable Timer (Set to turn ON/OFF in advance from 1 to 24 hours)
- Quick & Easy Installation - all parts included
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
What's in the Box
- 1 HJ5HESWK0 Honeywell Portable Air Conditioner & Heater with Dehumidifier, Fan (Black/White)
- 1 Window Installation Kit & Drain Tube included
- 1 Remote Control (batteries included)
- 1 Owner's Manual & Warranty
- Product Dimensions: 18.9 x 15.4 x 30.7 in.
- Shipping Weight: 79 lbs.
- Model Number: HJ5HESWK0
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU BUY
Window Bracket Installation:
It is recommended that this unit be installed close to a window for proper venting. This window kit is designed to fit most standard sliding windows that can be opened and is at least 19.7" (inches) wide (bracket can extend to 38.2"). If your window size is outside of these parameters, the bracket may be cut shorter to fit.
Difference between Air Conditioners & Air Coolers:
Air Conditioner Uses
- Air Conditioners use refrigerant to cool and take moisture from the air.
- Air Conditioners are created to handle a wide variety of environments to cool.
- Air Conditioners change the air temperature in a room.
- Air Conditioners will decrease the humidity in the area they are being used.
- Air Conditioners work by circulating cooler air to lower temperatures.
- Air Conditioners use more energy.
- Air Conditioners are generally louder than Air Coolers.
Air Cooler Uses
- Air Coolers evaporate moisture to create a cooling effect.
- Air Coolers perform best in hot, dry climates.
- Air Coolers make a room feel 4 degrees - 6 degrees F cooler.
- Air Coolers will increase the humidity in the area they are being used.
- Air Coolers work best when circulating outside air throughout your home.
- Air Coolers use less energy.
- Air Coolers are generally quiet.
Q: What about ventilation?
A: Portable ACs use either a single hose or dual hose design. In cooling mode, single hose PACs remove hot air from the room, and then expel the hot air out the one hose. In cooling mode, dual hose PACs bring in air from outside through one hose, and expels warm air outside through the second hose. In both cases cold air in cooling mode flows through the unit's vents into the room.
Q: Are there certain types of windows that are not suitable for PACs?
A: Casement windows are quite unique in design and functionality so PACs do not have window kits that can completely cover the gap for these types of specialty windows.
Q: Can I leave the window screen in during installation?
A: The screen may not interfere with installation, but for better releasing of hot air out the window, it is better to remove the screen.
Q: How do I know how many BTUs are required to cool my space?
A BTU (British Thermal Unit) is a standard unit of energy that measures the amount of heat per hour an air conditioner removes from a room. The larger the room, the higher the BTU requirement. Below, are some general guidelines. However other factors – such as the number of open doorways, a south-facing window with continuous sunlight, or a room with high occupancy – can require a unit with a higher BTU rating than the average guidelines.
Room Size in sq. ft. BTU
- 350 8,000
- 450 10,000
- 550 12,000
- 700 14,000
- 1,000 18,000